Monday 31 December 2007

End of......

So, another year draws to a close. I become older, fatter, more bitter about certain things, more capable in others; and after alls said and done, I feel like I'm not quite on top... or am I? In the pursuit of trying to improve ones self (cause nobodies perfect..... regardless of what they say!), I always try to beat the year I had, by weighing up where I am now, to where I was at the start of the year. This might sound easy, but its not. A constant strive to even equal the previous year is hard enough, and over the last few years of my life, that has barely been achievable with certain things like cars, work, girls and jobs.

So, what have been the positives of this year? Well, Chelsea won 2 trophies; I'm in a new job; I have a new and expensive hobby, playing around with guns!; my social life seems to be on the up (and that can only be a good thing...... it I cock it up!); I don't have a bank loan to pay; I haven't tried to kill a car; I'm fitter and stronger than I ever have been in 4 years. All these things are good, but don't quite outweigh the biggest positive I've had this year: I've not had a bad September. If you've read my blogs on Myspace (there's one specifically about bad Septembers; if not, go read it) or know me in any way, shape or form, you'll know I suffer from bad Septembers that seem to blight the year almost as bad as the death of a loved one!! (Please don't take offence if you have lost a loved one. I know for a fact its not nice). The lack of a bad September has been the bright mark upon this year for me. And then there's that little issue of me growing my beard and then shaving it off cause by nephew, Jake, was born.

However, life has its ups and its downs, and this year hasn't go off smoothly at all. the issues of working for the shytehole called its4me and the ensuing stress the bastards put me through; silly, immature, little girls launching a campaign to isolate me from all my friends; Chelsea not winning the league (but winning the FA and League cup out did that); not being allowed to go to the Waddington Airshow (of all things) and seeing the Indian Air Force Su-30 fighter planes (its not like it was the first time the Indians had been to the UK of an exercise in 50 years!), which was caused by the worst summer weather I've ever known. These things have managed to cause stress and made me feel angry and bitter towards many things and people, some of whom, will not be forgiven and will die by my hands! No joke, I will kill them. the pain those induhviduals (that's a deliberate mistake - you'll get it if you're a Scott Adams/Dilbert fan) have caused me over the last year, is enough for me to seek vengeance in their lives. I don't care of the blood I would spill and the hate from others that they would bestow on me. They caused me unbearable stress and pain, and I merely wish to repay them and then some! But, enough of vendettas, at the end of the day, I'm not gonna have the opportunity to do the things I would plan to do to them, so no one needn't worry.

In a year, in which many things have happened, good people have been lost, evil people haven't been removed yet, and Labour are STILL in power (God help them come the next Election), will I call this a good year, or a bad year. Personally I haven't made my decision. Not because I can't decide, but I prefer to do that final analysis in private and I really haven't got round to doing that yet. But, the evidence would say yes, it has been a good year. But was it better than last year? This info I can share, and that it is a big YES!! The positives outweigh the negatives and I've done many things and achieved many goals, I either couldn't do, or wasn't able to do last year, that I can do now!

So, what am I getting on about? Well, simple really, and if you a really easy, simple and potentially achievable New Years resolution, well, here it is: Try to do better than last year. Even by doing something new, or meeting new people, or trying to better yourself at something you do well already. If you can better last year, that always mean its been a better year. happy New year, to all 6 billion of you (apart from the people I wish to kill) and I hope you make it a good year as well.

No comments: